users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Apache, mod_jk and VirtuellServers

From: Johannes Hammoud <hammoud_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:20:40 +0200

Hi Jeanfrancois,

I read your block about configuring listeners and virtuell server before.
Used it to build up my developing system (without Apache).
Was very good and easy to understand, also for me as developer:)

The second blog (Amy Roh) i sent the link to my hoster.
The admin used it to create the connection to SJSAS.
Works also perfect as described earlier.

But this does not clear my problem.
I miss a connection between an SJSAS-Service, which handels the incoming apache request, and the virtuell servers.
So how could this be done in admin console.

This is currently my "poor" view of the request flow:
1. Apache forwards request to the connector
2. Connetor sends request to an port (think its 8009)
3. Seems SJSAS listens automatically to 8009 (perhaps cause of the configurations the hoster admin has done in the properties)

What i do not understand is:
1. In the admin console i can not see any listener on 8009 (only 4848,8080,8081)
2. So how should i attach the listener to my virtuell servers (normally this is done by listener names)

thanx
J. Hammoud