users@glassfish.java.net

Doubt about Container managed authentication

From: Legolas Woodland <legolas.w_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:47:45 +0430

Hi
Thank you for reading my post
I read in articles ant tutorial that we can use Realms + *form/basic
*authentication to authenticate users with username/password.
I also made a sample web application with all changes in web.xml and
server configuration.
Now the problem is : how can i understand which user is loged in now ?
i mean how i can retrive current user' username ?

before this i used my own authentication mechanism and i add the
UserName to session , so i could understand the userName by looking at a
variable in session.
but for this container managed authentication, i do not know where to
look at to understand the current userName.

thanks