users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Where to put log4j.properties file

From: ben short <ben_at_benshort.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:23:19 +0100

Jan,

Thanks for you help. I have put the log4j.properties in a jar file as
suggested and it works. But the log file is created in domain1/config
rather than the log directory.

Here is my log4j.properties file...

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, dest1

#### Second appender writes to a file
log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.dest1.File=example.log

# Control the maximum log file size
log4j.appender.dest1.MaxFileSize=100KB
# Archive log files (one backup file here)
log4j.appender.dest1.MaxBackupIndex=10

log4j.appender.dest1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.dest1.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

Any Ideas?

Ben