users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JdbcAuthModule

From: Shing Wai Chan <Shing-Wai.Chan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:22:14 -0700

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I must thank you by this new module.
> Is great to hear it will be maintaining compatibility with Tomcat,
> since is easier to convince people to migrate as soon as there is less
> changes in their products.
>
> I was successful in migrate every application I have from Tomcat to
> Glassfish without touching a line of code... Just adapting my web.xml
> and adding a sun-web.xml was all that I need.
>
> Just a question: this new JDBCRealm module will be available as
> external module (as I provided), so people already working on
> Glassfish v1 could use it, or we will need to wait for next release?
One minor point, from my previous email, the GlassFish JDBCRealm
parameter "name" is different from Tomcat.
This is due to legency naming issues in existing realms.
Another difference is default value. In Tomcat, digest not specified
means none. But in GlassFish, no digest-algorithm means MD5. If we want
no digest, then we need to specific "none" explicitly.
This is a decision based on security as it is not safe to have password
in clear text.
The GlassFish JDBCRealm should be available in nightly build.
More info will be found in coming blog.
Thanks.
     Shing Wai Chan