users@glassfish.java.net

Resource Injection

From: Jason Lee <lee_at_iecokc.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:46:53 -0500

I'm trying to get my container (Glassfish) to inject my persistence unit
into a faces-managed bean, but I'm not having much luck. It is my
understanding that this should be possible, but I don't see it
happening. Here's my persistence.xml:

version="1.0">
    <persistence-unit name="em">
        <jta-data-source>jdbc/Chronos</jta-data-source>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

I package that with the annotated entity classes in a jar in the root of
my .ear. Here's the relevant portion of my Faces-managed bean:

        @PersistenceUnit
        private EntityManagerFactory emf;
        private EntityManager em;

And, just to be safe, I put this in my method body (as opposed a ctor,
for example):

                em = emf.createEntityManager();

The instance var emf, though, is null, so I get a NullPointerException.

Am I doing something wrong? Is what I'm trying to do even possible?
I've hit a wall with it. :(

Thanks!

--
Jason Lee