users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenCMS suffering session reset too

From: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.richter_at_mgrinformatica.com.br>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:43:44 -0300

I'll try to make a test case tomorrow. Then I'll zip everything and send
to you.
Anyway, getting OpenCMS working would be very nice... And is very easy
to setup.
I just followed instructions for OpenCMS it self:

1) Instal MySQL (I'm using 4.1)
2) Unzip OpenCMS war file (it must run unzipped). Download from
http://www.opencms.org
3) Add dir to SunApp Server 9 (go to admin console, add directory) with
name "opencms"
4) Call http://localhost:8080/opencms/setup/
5) Follow instructions, give user/password for MySQL, and complete the
wizard (take some time - several minutes - to put everything on database).

That's all.

After, you could be able run OpenCMS, starting at:

http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login

Entering user "Admin" password "admin" (respect case sensitive).
Start creating a new page, then type a long content. If you get noticed,
you will see there is a small bottom frame that is reloaded from times
to times to guarantee session is not timed out during content typing.
After some time, that frame will show portion of the "login" dialog, and
your typing was completely lost (except if you pay attention, and then
copy/paste everything).

This doesn't occur on Tomcat 5.5.17.

About the JSF problem, I'll make a test case that reproduces the problem.

Regards,

Richter