users@glassfish.java.net

Re: App Deployment Error

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:27:57 -0400

Hi, Jason

> As far as I know, the boxes are pretty identical, software-wise.
> They're both (sadly) Windows (workstation is XP. server is 2003
> Server). I have tried the undeploy, restart, redeploy route to no
> avail. I've also checked the generated/ directory to make sure there
> are no lingering artifacts, but there's not even a mention of this
> application in that directory (nor in the applications/ directory).
>
> I've also tried cranking up the logging, setting admin, ejb container,
> deployment, naming, and web container to FINEST (using the admin
> console ;). An interesting nugget came of that. It appears that GF
> is seeing my session beans and PU, as the logs show them being
> deployed. They are all local session beans, so I can't verify easily
> they're deployed by browsing the JNDI tree, though. It's when I hit
> the web portion of the application that I see the "GF isn't deploying
> my app," meaning I get a 404. I may try making those session beans
> remote just to see if they're actually deploying. That would be an
> interesting test.
>
> I'll attach the server.log and web.xml (in case that matters, since
> this may only be affecting the .ear's .war). If you want to see the
> whole .ear, let me know and I'll send it in a private email.

On that prod box, you have other applications deployed and running fine,
right? So it's something specific to the application?

Please send the application to this address
hong.zhang_at_sun.com

Do I need to set up some resources before I deploy the application?

If I can reproduce the problem on my machine (I am using linux), I will
take a look.

Thanks,

- Hong