users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: App Deployment Error

From: Jason Lee <lee_at_iecokc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:00:06 -0500

As far as I know, the boxes are pretty identical, software-wise.
They're both (sadly) Windows (workstation is XP. server is 2003
Server). I have tried the undeploy, restart, redeploy route to no
avail. I've also checked the generated/ directory to make sure there
are no lingering artifacts, but there's not even a mention of this
application in that directory (nor in the applications/ directory).

I've also tried cranking up the logging, setting admin, ejb container,
deployment, naming, and web container to FINEST (using the admin console
;). An interesting nugget came of that. It appears that GF is seeing
my session beans and PU, as the logs show them being deployed. They are
all local session beans, so I can't verify easily they're deployed by
browsing the JNDI tree, though. It's when I hit the web portion of the
application that I see the "GF isn't deploying my app," meaning I get a
404. I may try making those session beans remote just to see if they're
actually deploying. That would be an interesting test.

I'll attach the server.log and web.xml (in case that matters, since this
may only be affecting the .ear's .war). If you want to see the whole
.ear, let me know and I'll send it in a private email.

Thanks!

--
Jason Lee
Programmer/Analyst