users@glassfish.java.net

Re: The context root of an EAR application

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:33:59 -0800

Graf,

UPPER is a supported Java Persistence Query language function.
But I don't think it's supported with LIKE:

"string_expression [NOT] LIKE pattern_value [ESCAPE escape_character]
The string_expression must have a string value. The pattern_value is a string
literal or a string-valued
input parameter in which an underscore (_) stands for any single character, a
percent (%) character
stands for any sequence of characters (including the empty sequence), and all
other characters stand for
themselves."

What exception do you get?

thanks,
-marina

Graf László wrote:
> Hi Hong,
> You were right. There is an error in the server.log.
> I used two named queries which contain the UPPER SQL function.
> It seams that this is an illegal function for EBQL
>
> @NamedQueries({
> @NamedQuery(name="findKategoriakByNameCaseInsensitive",
> query="SELECT k FROM Kategoria k WHERE UPPER(k.megnevezes)
> LIKE UPPER(:nev)"),
> @NamedQuery(name="findKategoriakByNameCaseSensitive",
> query="SELECT k FROM Kategoria k WHERE k.megnevezes LIKE :nev")
> })
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Graf László
>

> Hong Zhang wrote:
>
>> Hi, Graf
>> Do you have a sun-application.xml packagd inside the ear and it
>> also specifies a context root? If that's the case, the context root
>> specified in the sun-application.xml takes high precedence.
>> Also did you look at the server.log to check if everything is
>> normal, no exceptions, and the web module is loaded at the context
>> root as expected?
>>
>> If you don't have a sun-application.xml and server.log looks all
>> normal to you, please attach you application and the server.log. I
>> will try it out for you see what I can find out.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Hong
>>
>> Graf László wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Using a NetBeans 5.5 for Windows and Sun Java System Application
>>> Server Platform Edition 9.0 Beta (build b32g) for Linux, I did create
>>> an enterprise application named 'exlybris'.
>>>
>>> The server works fine, I did deploy the application without any
>>> problem. This EAR contains an EJB module, named
>>> 'exlybris-EJBModule.jar', and a web module, named

>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee