users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems installing b41

From: Jim Driscoll <Jim.Driscoll_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:23:39 -0800

Ok, fresh install, and after the ant -f setup.xml, it gave me the error
that 8080 was in use. I'd be ready to swear that it didn't say that
last time, but then, I would say that, wouldn't I? :-)

I *still* can't find what program is using 8080 *grumble* (windows)
*grumble*, so I edited setup.xml and changed the ports to 80, 443, and
so on.

And now it works.

What probably happened is that I missed the error on ant -f setup.xml
after the install. This is (I imagine) a common error, especially since
everyone and his pet uses 8080 nowadays.

Still, it was easy enough to figure out how to change the port (though
we probably should add instructions on the getting started page).

Anyway, user error.

Thanks for the prompt answers. It helped just to hear that it worked
for someone else.

Jim