quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: "remote EJB" documentation RFC?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:23:38 +0100

Folks;

still browsing and searching, as far as this is concerned:

> Okay, I surely will, thanks a bunch again for your support. :) Again
> (for the rest on this list, mainly), I'd really volunteer to write a
> short article on how these things have to be done to work, as soon as
> I figure out how to do so myself... :)

I stumbled across this comment, which should be more or less up-to-date
I guess:

http://glassfish.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#StandaloneRemoteEJB :

[...]
> Include $GLASSFISH_HOME/modules/gf-client.jar in the client's
> classpath.
>
> E.g., assuming the application classes are in /home/user1/myclasses
> and the main client class is acme.MyClient :
>
> java -classpath
> $GLASSFISH_HOME/modules/gf-client.jar:/home/user1/myclasses
> acme.MyClient
> Note that the Java EE 6 API classes are automatically included by
> gf-client.jar so there is no need to explicitly add javaee.jar to the
> classpath. gf-client.jar refers to many other .jars from the
> GlassFish installation directory so it is best to refer to it from
> within the installation directory itself rather than copying it(and
> all the other .jars) to another location.
[...]

So, as I see things here, I have to copy half the
$GLASSFISH_HOME/modules/* folder out to the clients in order to have a
remote EJB client up and running? This can't at all be the "right" way
of doing it, can it?

Cheers,
K.

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden