quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: more effective fishing

From: Vladimir Perlov <vladperl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:14:35 +0000

Hi Richard,

>Can you explain briefly what you mean by this approach ?

Just one of the way to do it would be to create highly popular application that could be in use by thousands of people.The application will have some kind of notification mechanism that will be activated if something wrong will appears.Such way we will get statistics and much data about context of the situation.Similar thing was implemented in Netbeans and seems it works pretty good.Of course the application should include rich functionality and used many frameworks and libraries.Maybe we will need a whole bunch of applications.Members of Fishcat will have a right to push application of their choice for public to use and test.Beside this it makes sense to integrate mechanism of submitting issues directly from Glassfish's admin panel.Another example would be create possibility for people to upload their log for analyze by FichCat team.Obviously we will need to have logs database to handle them in scalable manner.I'm talking about creating some kind of global testing environment.
This just a quick ideas to start think in this direction :)
Thank you,Vladimir