quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB development with Maven, making it easier and more fool proof.

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:04:34 +0100

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:56:38AM +0200, Richard Kolb wrote:
> You don't think so ? Perhaps.
> But a EJB does not need a war to function as it can have web services,
> schedules etc.
>

> I suppose you should create an ear with the EJB jar and the log4j jar in
> it, especially when using Java EE5. And I don't think this is different
> in Java EE6.
>

> I could, but that's messy with Maven
> Then when I add a dep to the EJB , I need to add it to the EAR and not get the
> version different

Yes I know :-) I think it's common knowledge that packaging EJBs is
messy, even in Java EE5.

What happens when you do not use Maven for packaging the EJB jar and
log4j? Do the log4j classes get included in the EJB jar?

Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"