quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB development with Maven, making it easier and more fool proof.

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:23:45 +0100

Hi Richard,

Hmmm I'm having trouble downloading jars for java mail, jmx, jmxtools
and jmxri. The versions that are referred to no longer exist. When I
exclude the dependencies building the jar goes ok.

It looks like Maven doesn't include the log4j.jar file which may very
well be resolved by adding the maven-assembly plugin as you suggest. I
haven't tried that yet.

It looks like the maven-ejb-plugin doesn't include any jars that are
needed at runtime and that's probably why you get the CNFE at deploy
time. I *guess* the maven-ejb-plugin isn't prepared yet for Java EE6 and
it assumes that all necessary external jars are in an EAR file. But
that's just a guess.

So, the issue that was fixed by Homer is just a side effect that arose
by coincidence :-)

Wouter