quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Issue 11388] [other] [embedded] Unable to get basic unit test working in Maven

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:18:44 +0200

Hi Judy

2010/1/7 Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_sun.com>

> Thanks Richard, Wouter, Ludo for continue the discussion in this thread,
> I counted total of 23 emails in this thread :-)
> We should keep all the valuable suggestions, how about you help to update
> them in this issue 11388 or if you think it
> is a new feature, please file a new one. Again, thanks a lot for testing
> embedded. How do you like the feature so far,
> will you use it in your project?

My use of GlassFish embedded is for unit testing purposes and was supposed
to replace OpenEJB, since all our unit tests run OpenEJB in the past.

I need to access complex Oracle views a great deal in the application I am
developing and it seems GlassFish embedded does not want to do that, or I
just don't have the knowledge.

As of yesterday I have abandoned GlassFish embedded as a unit testing
framework because it is going to throw my project timelines out the window.
I will still however use GlassFish 3 :)

regards
Richard.