quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Fwd: [Issue 11388] [other] [embedded] Unable to get basic unit test working in Maven

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:18:57 +0100

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 08:15:05AM +0200, Richard Kolb wrote:
> This dependency is added to Java-EE project in Netbeans.
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>javax</groupId>
> <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
> <version>6.0</version>
> <scope>provided</scope>
> </dependency>
>
> So to tell the NetBeans guys that this should be removed to add in GlassFish
> embedded, that's confusing.

Well, as far as I can tell that dependency is only added when a Maven
Web Application is created. If, and only if, you then deploy the app on
GlassFish this will work. So you have a point that the javaee-api
dependency should be removed in some cases.

I guess this should be discussed on either the
user_at_mevenide.codehaus.org mailinglist or some NetBeans mailinglist.

Wouter

--
Gravity brings me down
[Unknown Source]