quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Fwd: [Issue 11388] [other] [embedded] Unable to get basic unit test working in Maven

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:25:43 +0200

2010/1/6 Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>

> There are no special tools needed to do TDD. NetBeans and Eclipse both
> support JUnit and TestNG, the most popular frameworks for TDD in Java
> land. the only thing needed is the right mindset of all the developers.

Wouter is correct.

I keep on hearing from the developers I work with : 'There is not enough
time, so that's why we did not right unit tests'
And after the application falls apart : 'JavaEE is rubbish, let's do it with
.NET'
But they have the same problems there.

But if you show a developer how easy it is with a real sample, they can
convert that mind set.

regards
Richard.