quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Fwd: [Issue 11388] [other] [embedded] Unable to get basic unit test working in Maven

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:28:25 +0200

Hi Judy

2010/1/6 Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_sun.com>

> I am happy to know you got it to work.

Me as well. :)
Getting some very nice unit tests going now. And test driven development
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test-driven_development

> I like your suggestion. I have added my comment bellow to this issue. I
> will also follow up with developer :-)
>

> "As Richard suggested we should doc this. I also wonder if we could put in
> the code to do the following 2 things:
>
> (1) Add code to check for the required dependency order
>
> (2) If dependency order is not correct, issue more meaningful error
> message"

I don't think the above is possible unfortunately. (Even though it would be
nice)

The problem is I was using a class in the javaee-6-api.jar (which is a empty
shell) by accident.
And I should have been using the class in the Embedded jar.

So if you just swap the order it works.

I think the best you can hope for is a trouble shooting note

regards
Richard.