quality@glassfish.java.net

Announcing the GlassFish Tools Bundle for Eclipse version 1.2, with GlassFish v3 Java EE 6 support...

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:37:58 -0800

Hi,

It is my great pleasure to announce the release of the GlassFish Tools
Bundle for Eclipse version 1.2, enabling rapid iterative development of
Java EE 6 applications with GlassFish v3.

The all-in-one bundle is available at
http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse and contains:

    * Eclipse 3.5.1 IDE with WTP Java EE support
    * Java EE 6 GlassFish v3 runtime pre-registered and configured
    * New wizards to support creation of Java EE 6 artifacts (Annotated
servlets, EJBs inside a Web App, REST resources,...)
    * JavaDB sample database pre-registered and configured
    * GlassFish server adapter plugin (1.0.50)
    * Java EE 5 and Java EE 6 Javadoc code completion in the Java Editor
    * JSF Facelet plugin (from the Eclipse incubator project) to help
the JSF 2.0 developer
    * MySQL JDBC driver registered to the IDE
    * Maven m2 plugins
    * Metro JAX-WS plugin
    * GlassFish documentation
    * Optionally, a JDK 1.6
    * New support for Windows 7

Installers are available for Windows and MacOSX, and compressed IZpack
installers for OpenSolaris and Linux systems.

I would also like to thank the FishCAT for Eclipse and GlassFish
communities and all the numerous people who tested the early access
versions of this bundle.

Make sure to read the release notes
http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse/releasenotes12.html for known
issues and their workarounds.

Commercial support for this bundle is also available at
http://developers.sun.com/services/buying_guide.jsp

Thanks for your support, and happy Java EE development with GlassFish
servers,

Ludo