quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Waiting for DAS to start. ...................................................

From: Cay Horstmann <cay_at_horstmann.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:22:22 -0700

Never mind the dots. They are just a symptom. What ticked me off was
that those dots were filling up my screen INSTEAD OF telling me what
might be wrong.

Suggestion #1. Do the Microsoft progress bar thing and have the rate of
dots decrease, so that they don't stupidly fill up the whole screen
Suggestion #2. Show a tip after a minute or so of waiting to run with
--verbose.

But really, the problem is with "if your domain configuration is broken
in certain ways, you can be left in a situation where it won't fully
start, won't die, and the start-domain command is left waiting for a
very long time". Then please tell me in which way my domain
configuration is broken.

--
Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay@horstmann.com