quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: the v2 compatibility property

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:20:58 -0400

Thanks for all the discussions!

It seems the main concern that the earlier versions of the NB packaging
the application incorrectly is not much of an issue. The problem only
happens when the earlier versions of the NB was used together with maven
(maven ignores the manifest entry) which will have far less impact.

So my current plan is to keep the default behavior as it is, but make
additional changes to provide a way for autodeploy (and JSR88) to
specify this property. We certainly encourage the users to re-package
the application the spec defined way, but we are not forcing it (that's
why we have this property). And we will try to provide useful warnings
for the cases where we could detect such packaging.

Thanks,

- Hong