quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: About Editing Pool Settings from GUI (V3 b70)

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:18:08 +0200

Hi Wu Jie

2009/10/30 Wu Jie <wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com>

> Thanks for your reply.

No problem

> > Wu Jie, which Oracle JDBC driver are you using ?
> > was is ojdbc6xxx.jar , ojdbc5.jar or ojdbc14.jar ?
>
> I used ojdbc5.jar.
> And I used b70 zip under Windows

Thanks, I just tried that
I used the ojdbc5.jar from the Oracle 11.1 instant client and it works.

I think you have an old Oracle ojdbc5.jar driver, not sure. But if this is
not the case we have a strange bug.
Can you please unzip your ojdbc5.jar and look for
META-INF/services/java.sql.Driver

I think the Admin GUI relies on this file being in the JDBC JAR file.
If it is not in the drop down list you need to manually add it in by typing
it in. (Yuck)

If you want to try the new Oracle driver go to :
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_112010.html

thanks
Richard.