quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to create Oracle datasource on admin gui

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:27:56 +0100

Hi Richard,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:09:33AM +0200, Richard Kolb wrote:
> thanks. I see a lot of confusion coming, since it seems that is where JDBC
> drivers quite often get installed in GF 2.1.
> And a lot of Sun's docs are out of date then like you say : http://docs.sun.com
> /app/docs/doc/820-7695/gbxjh?a=view

OK well I never tried this with GFv2 but it won't work with GFv3. So it
looks like you have a point regarding the Sun documentation.

> That's brilliant thanks. I tried to do that a few times but I did not get it
> right.
> The sysadmins here block all ports except 80 , 8080 ,1521 so I edit domain.xml
> with vi. yuck

Ouch. I did that a few times as well when I was moving GFv3 up from
build 48 to 49 to 50 etc. It's such a pain to keep doing that that I
created one command that executes the three asadmin commands
sequentially if the previous one succeeds.

Greets, Wouter

--
Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began