quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Add web-fragment.xml to jsf-impl.jar?

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:20:44 -0700

On 10/10/09 6:12 AM, Cay Horstmann wrote:
> Should Glassfish add a web-fragment.xml to jsf-impl.jar so that users
> can deploy JSF applications without having to provide a boilerplate
> web.xml file?
We won't be adding a web-fragement.xml to jsf-impl.jar. The primary
reason is if Mojarra is installed as a global library, this would cause
Mojarra to be bootstrapped for every application whether or not it used
JSF. Not ideal.

We *will* be adding a ServletContainerInitializer instead but we have
had to ship it disabled due to issues with the web container.
It will be re-enabled upon our next integration which will be some time
next week.