quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: line command in GF V3b66 ??

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:33:13 -0700

Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> 2009/10/10 Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>:
>
>> I am trying to repeat my v2.1 line commands with the V3, but it is
>> failing to authenticate:
>>
>> fgaucho_at_Fortunario:~$ asadmin --passwordfile=/home/fgaucho/.passwords
>> --user=admin delete-jdbc-connection-pool --cascade=true jdbc/arenaPool
>> Authentication failed with password from login store: /home/fgaucho/.asadminpass
>> Enter admin password for user "admin">
>> Authentication failed for user: admin
>> (Usually, this means invalid user name and/or password)
>> Command delete-jdbc-connection-pool failed.
>>

> Try ./bin/asadmin.bat login

In V2.1 you might have logged in to the domain using
"admin/<somepassword> to das port 4848" and it is stored in
/home/fgaucho/.asadminpass
In V3 the default admin user is "admin" and password is nopassword(
nothing).
When asadmin tries to connect to port 4848 it sees the login details
from the .asadminpass file and tries to use it. Since the passwords are
different it fails
To solve either use asadmin login or delete this file

/home/fgaucho/.asadminpass