quality@glassfish.java.net

(almost) Good News

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:40:13 +0200

Hi there,

finally I had my half-an-hour with the Glassfish V3..

The great good news: it worked on Linux Ubuntu, out of the box, and
Hudson was installed nice and easy..

It is running here: http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/hudson/
you can check the gf version here: http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080

---------- The next step:

I just tried to build my project as explained here:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/felipegaucho/archive/2009/10/09/java-ee-continuous-integration-powered-maven-glassfish

In Glassfish v2.1 it works perfectly, but in GF v3b66 it had problems
because the resources CLI changed a bit..

GF v2.1 output:
http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/hudson/job/arena-puj/115/console
GF v3b66 output: http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/hudson/job/arena-puj/116/console

It seems that everything is working fine, and the only problem seems
to be the obsolete syntax I am using to create the JDBC, JMS and
JavaMail resources.

I will spend the next few hours trying to translate the script..
actually I will try to include a switch in the shell script to decide
what GF is running (just not to kill backward compatibility).. or
perhaps I just upgrade the whole thing if the script translation too
complex..

-------------

if you know the new Glassfish CLI syntax and you have few minutes to
help, please bring to me the right translation of these commands:

asadmin delete-jdbc-connection-pool --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE --cascade=true jdbc/arenaPool
asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource --restype
javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource --property
"User=$MYSQL_USER:Password=$MYSQL_PASSWORD:URL=$DB_URL"

asadmin delete-jdbc-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE jdbc/arena
asadmin create-jdbc-resource --connectionpoolid jdbc/arenaPool jdbc/arena

asadmin delete-auth-realm --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE arena-realm
asadmin create-auth-realm --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--classname=com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
--property group-table=GROUPTABLE:user-table=USERTABLE:user-name-column=LOGIN:password-column=PASSWORD:group-name-

asadmin delete-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE jms/PujRegistrationFactory
asadmin create-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--restype=javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory --description="Arena PUJ
JMS Notification Connection Factory." jms/PujRegistrationFactory

asadmin delete-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE jms/PujRegistration
asadmin create-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--restype=javax.jms.Queue --description="Arena PUJ JMS Registration
Queue." jms/PujRegistration

asadmin delete-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE jms/PujNotificationFactory
asadmin create-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--restype=javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory --description="Arena PUJ
JMS Notification Connection Factory." jms/PujNotificationFactory

asadmin delete-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--passwordfile=$PASS_FILE jms/PujNotification
asadmin create-jms-resource --user=$ASADMIN_USER
--restype=javax.jms.Queue --description="Queue used to notify PUJ
users about PUJ events (like registration and grades)."
jms/PujNotification

I am very positive for the chances to run my project yet today in the
new Glassfish V3, and if it happens I will adopt it from now on..
including all upcoming blogs upgraded too :)