quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please tell me how to use GFv3 b65 from NB6.5

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:58:20 -0500

Well, I'm not sure "cannot" is entirely accurate. If you're hoping
for deploy, undeploy, etc from the IDE, then that's correct. However,
if you don't mind managing the server outside your IDE (Admin Console,
asadmin, etc), then you can start and stop the server using the CLI,
deploy using the console or CLI, then attach NetBean's debugger to a
remote process (port 9009, but you must enable debugging via the Admin
Console, CLI, etc). You can then use your application, and have
NetBeans stop the execution at your break points as you would expect.
I used this approach with 6.5 and earlier, and continue to do so,
actually, with nightly NetBeans builds. Old habits and all... :)