quality@glassfish.java.net

Problem with virtual servers

From: Cserep Janos <cserepj_at_szeretgom.hu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:29:28 +0200

Hi,

I'm running Glassfish v3 build 63 on OpenSolaris x86 and run into a nasty
issue with virtual servers.

My current domain.xml can be found here:

http://www.metaprime.hu/domain.xml

As you see I have multiple virtual servers defined, the setup in domain.xml
is very similar for all of them. The problem is one of them is not working:
the web application caissa is not reachable on / as the default web module
of the virtualserver ccb. It can be reached on /caissa on virtualserver ccb
however.

I've checked sun-web.xml and web.xml but found nothing related to this
particular webapp in them which would prevent Glassfish to map it on / for a
virtual server. And it worked with a previous build.

After a number of restarts which involved undeploying the application,
deleting the virtual server, creating the vs without default web module,
deploying the app, modifying the app to the virtual server, modifying
virtual server to have the default web module and then again saving the app
I've finally managed to get it working a few days ago, but a recent app
server restart again has me in the same state: one of the virtual servers is
not working and I can no longer reproduce what I did to get it working
during the weekend.

What's interesting is that /index.html shows the file from the default
virtual server's docroot, not the ccb's as long as the application is
deployed. Once I undeploy it, the correct virtual server's docroot is
listed.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Janos