quality@glassfish.java.net

[semi-OT] JDBC Connection Pool debugging?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:35:51 +0200

Folks;

somewhat off-topic yet interesting, maybe someone has some idea: In one of
our installments at the moment we're trying to track down a peculiar error
slowing down (and eventually, sooner or later) bringing our RDBMS / SQL
backend to a painful halt. We noticed that some threads inside the DBMS are
"slow" and/or locked up in long-running / terminated(?) queries, and we are
trying to figure out what happens. It's not all related to the Java EE
server, but it has at least partly been involved here.

Question: Having a JDBC resource / connection pool defined in Glassfish v2,
is there a way of figuring out which of the pooled connections are active
and, ideally, which statement they are processing at the moment? If so, how?
If not, how do you track down things like that?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden