quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: admin console in b58 (on windows)

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:51:34 -0500

On Aug 12, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Peter Fabian wrote:
>> I agree. Any modern web app, which the admin console basically is,
>> supports Ajax.
>>

> agree!! we had ajax in v2 admin.. do not know the reason why to
> change that..

Technically, we didn't change anything Ajax-related. The snappiness
you see in v2 is due to the very small pages being loaded in the
content frame in the middle of the page. There were areas in v2 that
uses Ajax in very small, likely unnoticeable ways. These still exist
in v3, as well as some other subtle uses. The frameset was removed
for some very good technical reasons, which, as Ken noted, led to a
performance regression, which we're trying to fix.

         Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console

Sun Microsystems, Inc.