quality@glassfish.java.net

[SJSU]: Bug #1- Admin console access problem when providing different port other than default(4848).

From: Ankush Kanungo <ankushkanungo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:35:36 -0700

Hi,

I am an SJSU student and we are testing GlassFish Application Server for one
of the curriculum project.

According to Judy's email(Please see below) . I am sending this to quality
alias first.

Please lets us know, if it is ok to file this as a bug on Sun's site or
not.
Bugs#1

1. Reporter: ankushkanungo
2. Component: GlassFish Application Server V3
3. Found in Version(build): glassfish-v3-web-ea-b44
4. Subcomponent: Installer.
5. Platform: Linux
6. OS: Ubuntu 8.04
7. Priority: P2
8. Summary: Installation on Linux with .sh file. Admin console access
problem when providing different port other than default(4848).

Steps to reproduce:

a. In the Administrating Settings for Installation.
b. When providing admin port(4849) other than default(4848).
c. Installation completion status says completed successfully.
d. One can access the server successfully by entering http://localhost:8080/
e. After this, one can access the admin console by clicking on go to the
Administration Console .link.
f. But here, link to the admin console is hard coded as "
http://localhost:4848/".
g. Therefore after clinking on go to the Administration Console .link, a
user gets an error page "Failed to connect" because
    admin console is running on port 4849.
h. A user can directly access the admin console by entering URL "
http://localhost:4849/"

See the attached screen shots for further details.

a. Bug #1- Screen Shot #1:- Providing 4849 port number.
b. Bug #1- Screen Shot #2:- Accessing the server at http://localhost:8080/ and
then clicking on <http://localhost:8080/> <http://localhost:8080/>go to the
Administration Console .link.
c. Bug #1- Screen Shot #3:- Failed to connect the server at 4848 port
d. Bug #1- Screen Shot #4:- Directly accessing the server at port 4849

Thank you,

Ankush