quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: (IMPORTANT) please follow bug filing procedure

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:46:15 -0700

Thanks Snjezana and Anissa for the valuable input. And thanks Manfred
for the suggestion.

To encourage students learning at the same time not introducing
dup/invalid bugs to the system,
I would like students to do the following:

(1) Please do not file negative test bugs in Admin GUI, Installer,
Update tool since most cases are
already reported and when developer fix one place, they most likely will
take care of the
same situation for other places, some time the fix in one place will
address other cases. Just to give
you an example last night and this morning Yifeng and Anissa processed
more than 70 dup/invalid
bugs. This need to stop !

(2) Please try more main functional/positive end to end testing, when
you see any issue, please send
email to quality alias first, SQE and developer will evaluate the issue
and let you know a bug
is needed or not.

It is first time we have so many students testing GlassFish, we are very
happy to have
you here to learn and to help, because this is first time, we also have
a lot lesson to learn together on how
to handling dup/invalid bugs. We will keep improving. With your help
we will :-)