quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [SJSU] Update Tool- Menu Properties

From: Faouzia EL IDRISSI <Faouzia.Elidrissi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:32:23 +0200

Hi Bhushan ,
Thank you for reporting those points for the updatetool,
please see answers below :

Bhushan Shah wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing on update tool application.
> 1.) I found that when I select the mark all tab first time it will
> select all the listed thing but when I clicked that second time it
> should be disable but here it won't disable. When all listed things
> are selected then Mark all should be disable .
> UnMark all working ok.

You may file an RFE for this, the URL to use is :
https://updatecenter2.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues
But, if we compare the behavior with other popular applications like
Thunderbird, if Messages are all selected using (Edit -> Select -> All),
this menu is not disabled, the user can still Select All once again from
this menu.

> 2.) In the New image properties when there are more then one
> repositories and one of them is selected as set preferences. When we
> select that repository again then set preferred tab should disable but
> here It won't disable . It should do nothing when click set preferred
> again.

The behavior was changed in a recent version of updatetool, now a
radiobutton is used to select the Preferred authority

This version of updatetool is now part of promoted Glassfish V3 Prelude
builds.

If you make a try with the those promoted builds, we will be interested
in getting your feedback/User experience with the new behavior.

> I have attached the screen shots.
> Should I file this as a bug or an enhancement ?
>
> Bhushan

Thanks,
Faouzia