quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Update Center problems?

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:33:06 +0100

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 07:02:42PM +0100, To quality wrote:
> I wonder if I have any proxy problems with Gnome. It's been acting strangely as
> of lately, so I'll try to dig into that. Thanks for the quick reply.

OK I tried on another machine that does not have Gnome or any other desktop
system. It's my gateway server that I always login to using ssh and that has no
X or whatever. I have the same problem there: updatetool does NOT get installed
even if I specify it to be installed in the installer.

So, I really think something's wrong with updatetool on unix, or perhaps
overall. Does anyone else experience problems with it?

Once more: I am behind a firewall, but all outgoing traffic is allowed and I
don't experience any problems whatsoever with other applications. Does anyone
have a clue?

Thanks, Wouter

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand
the binary system and those that don't.