quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Team Project Problems

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:26:06 -0700
Hi Gurnoorinder,

Glad to hear that your team is trying GlassFish v3 Prelude for your course.    We would like to help you succeed on this.   Please see my questions inline.

Gurnoorinder Singh wrote:
Good Afternoon

We are the students of San Jose State University working on the Testing of Glassfish V3-prelude for the subject CmpE 287, Software QA.
Great.

We are facing some problems regarding the testing of the Admin GUI. We do not know what is the dersired output so we are not able to validate our results.
Are you doing manual testing or are you using some software or testing tools to do the testing.   I need to understand this before  i can tell you the expected results.

Also when we try to deploy to or install some applications or updates, the server stops working and we have to reinstall it again.
v3 Prelude has gone through extensive testing and lots of user is using that.  Having to reinstall the server to fix the problem is a very drastic approach.  Do you use CLI command or GUI to do the deployment ?  Did you see any error on screen or in server.log (this can be found under glassfish/domains/domain1/logs) ?  Can i know what kind of application you try to deploy ?

Hope that you will provide our team with some help regarding this.
Definitely,  we will do what we can on this.

thanks
Anissa.

Yours Sincerely

Team Cosmos