quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: problems with netbeans and opensolaris

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:43:21 -0500

Sreekanth,
I use NetBeans on OpenSolaris, although I'm doing Java library and
Python development so I don't deploy web applications daily. I just
tried deploying a simple web application to GlassFish V3 Prelude from
within Netbeans and it worked just fine - no crashes.

I installed NetBeans using the pkg(5) packages, i.e,. "pfexec pkg
install netbeans", not by downloading a zip from netbeans.org. I
installed GlassFish v3 by using the NetBeans GlassFish v3 plugin.

Tom