quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Opinions Wanted: v3 GUI Prototype

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:21:18 +0100

Hi Ken,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:36:31PM -0800, Ken Paulsen wrote:
> • Do you like/dislike the menus?
> • Do you like/dislike the tree?

I like both the tree and the menu. A pro for the tree is that it is more
subclassed than the menu. For instance, in the Configure menu there is a
Resources sub menu. Here all resource types are listed in one menu item apart
from Connectors. I would opt for introducing JDBC, JMX en JNDI sub menus.

One more thing: when I click in a random part of the gui with a menu open, it
doesn't close.

> • Do you like/dislike the tagging feature?

It's probably me, but I don't understand the tagging feature. My first
impression is that it would be some kind of bookmarking feature, but it's not.
What do I use it for?

By the way, when I click the Add Tag button with no text in the input element, I
get an application error page

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'newTagButton'.

One more idea: how about adding links to other domains on GlassFish? Click the
link and the admin console for that domain opens. I guess it would mean some
advanced security implementation that only shows links for other domains that
the currently logged in user has access to. Just my $0.02. I haven't used
domains much and I am not sure how many installations there are that have
multiple domains.

Thanks, Wouter van Reeven

--
"WHAT DO YOU GET IF YOU MULTIPLY SIX BY NINE?"
"Six by nine. Forty two. That's it. That's all there is."