quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: problem with jmaki.accordionMenu widget and WEBrick

From: Wim Verreycken <wim_at_pizzastop.be>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:18:49 +0100

Hi everyone,

It seems to me this is a bug.
I haven't been able to find ouy WHY the jmaki accordeonMenu doesn't accecpt
a json file generated by WEBrick.

But I did find a workaround :
I created a JSP which simply imports the json page from WEBrick, and passes
it to the jmaki accordeonMenu.
And there it is! Menu works!
Don't ask me why this is happening. I'd sure like to know. This beats me.

Here's the JSP page I wrote to forward the json to jmaki menu:
<%_at_page contentType="text/html"%>
<%_at_page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
<c:catch var="ex">
    <c:import url="http://localhost:3000/menus/menufile/1.json" />
</c:catch>
<c:if test="${ not empty sessionScope.ex }">
    Error: <c:out value="message" />
</c:if>

No much indeed, but it does the trick.
I would recommend however someone'd take a look at the jmaki accordeonMenu
and find out why this is happening.

Kind regards & Best Wishes,

Wim