quality@glassfish.java.net

Redmine on GlassFish problem

From: Kana K. <kana.akmt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:56:58 +0900

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to deploy and run Redmine[1], RoR based application, on
GlassFish with using warbler[2].

---
 *JRuby 1.1.5 (Newest release from trunk)
 *Redmine 0.7-stable
 *GlassFish v3 prelude (Windows)
 * Warbler 0.9.11
---
It worked fine on WEBrick(although there're some problems left).
With GlassFish v3 prelude, I tried following procedure:
---
1. Install Redmine.
2. Package the installed Redmine into war file with using warbler.
3. Run GlassFish v3 and deploy the war file (2) using GUI admin console.
4. Raunch the application from GUI console.
---
Deployment was successfully done, however, there seems to be some problems
in getting resource texts.
Please see the gif images at:
---
*On WEBrick:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5Suy8wAnXI/SRO2j4o5nyI/AAAAAAAAAEA/LnM5_v3sadA/s1600-h/redmine_top.JPG
---
*On GlassFish:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5Suy8wAnXI/SR79JqON90I/AAAAAAAAAEI/tY41cNAAHWA/s1600-h/redmine_glassfish.JPG
---
As seen above images, some of UI strings are not correctly replaced on
GlassFish.
It does not happen on WEBrick, so I'm suspecting the problem comes
from GlassFish side...
Any ideas ?
[1]http://www.redmine.org/
[2]http://caldersphere.rubyforge.org/warbler/