quality@glassfish.java.net

unix .sh installer: product registration error message?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:33:26 +0200

Folks;

installing b28 using the unix .sh installer I stumbled across the following
message after ending the procedure (trying to register the application):

Using the user defined JAVA_HOME : /opt/java
Entering setup...
SwixML 1.5 (#144)
WARNING: [Invalid response code: 500]*[{0} {1}]
WARNING: [ERROR RESPONSE: ]*[{0} {1}]
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
WARNING: [Encountered error: Premature end of file.]*[{0} {1}]
Sun Inventory server failure while trying to register

Looking at the Sun Inventory, indeed it seems the registration didn't work
out as the server is not listed there. Is this something someone should take
care of?

Cheers & best,
Kristian

--