quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin console problem on build 28

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:00:42 -0700
Wouter van Reeven wrote:
Hi Anissa,

Thanks for your lengthy reply. My comments are inline.

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 02:00:54PM -0700, Anissa Lam wrote:

Maybe we can be more forgiving when we cannot find this old bits and
just continue with the upgrade process.

I think that would be a good way to go. Perhaps even be more friendly and tell
the user/admin an error has occured and aks whether to continue or not.

This error will not happen if you are actually using the updatetool or
admin console to do the upgrade.   In this case,  the old bits will be
there,  and the backup will be successful and upgrade will continue.   I
forgot if all the bugs has been ironed out relating to update in Admin
Console for build 26.   But definitely is working fine in build 27.

One thing you can do later when build 28a is out is just update your
current installation from b28 to b28a.   You can use updatetool or
through the Admin Console.    You should see all the updates
available.   Install all the updates and restart the server.    That
should give you build 28a.   That will be a good test too :)

Will do. However, I didn't notice the admin console in updatetool. Perhaps I
overlooked it. I did see a theme for the admin console. Is this what I should
have installed?

I mean you can start up updatetool by doing   glassfishv3_prelude/bin/updatetool.
In Admin Console,  there is the 'updatetool' tree node where you can click on and see the pages for  Available Updates,  Add-Ons and currently installed packages.   This can also be found in the common task page.

thanks
Anissa.

Thanks, Wouter