quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re: Has anyone tried V3 Prelude with...

From: dinghy <dingis_at_qq.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:09:21 +0800

yeah--:)Struts2? need ejb?

  From: "Survivant 00"<survivant00_at_gmail.com>;
 Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2008 07:31 PM
 To: "quality"<quality_at_glassfish.dev.java.net>;

 Subject: Re: Has anyone tried V3 Prelude with...

 I had problem with Struts2 with annotation. need the ejb module to fix it. for gfv3

 2008/10/24 Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
 Hi all;

.... an answer shorter than expected, perhaps, but as we so far "just" use it
for our own applications on the move from Spring 2.x to EJB/Java EE, the set
is fairly limited I suppose:

Judy Tang schrieb:

> So, who has tried...
> - Frameworks

Most of our applications do contain Spring 2.5.x along with its usual set of
dependencies, plus SLF4J for logging purposes. Works rather fine on GFv3 as
well as it does on GFv2, no real issues to report here.

> - Tools
> o JProfiler, JVantage, IntelliJ, OpenPMF, MC4J, JInspired

Deployment works well as tested so far (locally) using the maven2 exec:exec
plugin and an appropriate profile configuration.

> - Interop technologies
> o PostgreSQL, JUEL.

We use SAP MaxDB 7.6 in our backend which also works flawlessly using the
SAPDB 7.6.x JDBC driver configured accordingly in the Glassfish JDBC
configuration environment (even though we had to install it manually same as
in GFv2 as it is not provided by default). No problem, though. :)

Cheers & all the best,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink