quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to deploy two WebApp on GF v2?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:39:16 -0700

Hi Judy,

On 10/22/08 01:08 PM, Judy Tang wrote:

> dinghy said he tested the same two apps on Tomcat 6, They worked okay..
> Tomcat 6 will create separate jdbc file at
> ${tomcat-home}\conf\Catalina\localhost.
> He also sent server.log and jvm.log.
>
> I feel if the same apps work in Tomcat, not in GlassFish, then we
> should file a
> bug and look into it, either fix or doc it. Any thought please ?

The error is related to incomplete support for Tomcat's context.xml
configuration
in GlassFish.

Thanks, dinghy, for attaching your server.log, which contains this exeption:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: No such accessible method:
  addWatchedResource() on object: com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule

It looks like dinghy's webapp bundles a context.xml file containing a
WatchedResource
declaration, which triggers a call to
StandardContext.addWatchedResource(), which
is defined in Tomcat, but not in GlassFish.

We need to port support for it to GlassFish.

dinghy, can you please file an enhancement request?

Thanks,

Jan

> Thanks,
> Judy
>
> Judy Tang wrote:
>> Hi dinghy :-)
>>
>> Would you please send the server.log to see what error it is when the
>> second app failed to run ? I think
>> you use Tomcat, right, may be you can help us try the same thing on
>> Tomcat see what happen, just a
>> suggestion if you have time.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Judy
>>
>> dinghy wrote:
>>
>>> I have two WebApp using two different jdbc config.
>>> 1.I set up two sperate jdbc connections
>>> 2.I deploy two app to GF v2.
>>> 3.only the first WebApp deployed runs okay.