quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: b28b, Unix installer fails?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:54:09 +0200

Hi all;

and first, thanks a bunch for your comments...

Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic schrieb:
> The symptoms are definitely the same as those encountered in 4903
> although in this case there is no mention of Gnome Accessibility Bridge
> so the trigger might be different.

I am not sure whether the GNOME Accessibility Bridge is installed, at the
very least I am not using the GNOME desktop in my everyday work...

> Kristian, could you please try running this with previous JDK release
> (i.e. JDK 6 Update 7). This might end up being a JDK regression.

Seems to be close to the point I guess... though I didn't test with 6u7 but
the 6u6 on my machine, I was able to cleanly install using the Unix .sh
installer so indeed it seems a 6u10 related problem (where setup
reproducibly fails...).

Thanks a bunch and all the best,
Kristian

--