quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: B27 installation experience on OpenSolaris build 98

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:50:37 -0700

Ludovic Champenois wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to install V3 Prelude (lates.unix.sh) on OpenSolaris b98.
>
> ludo_at_opensolaris:~/Desktop$ pfexec ./latest-unix.sh
> Environment variable JAVA_HOME is not set. Please set it to a valid
> directory and rerun this program.

For some reasons, my email content got corrupted.
Here is what I wrote mostly:

1/ installer image shows a a generic swing icon in the title bar and a
blank area in the buttons area.
2/ installer first message showed an <hrml> tag, quickly replaced with
progess messages
3/ the gnome desktop died (like other people experienced in uBuntu)
Bummer. Not sure what we are trying to gnome menus or icons. (restarts
does not show new elements)
4/ after a restart, my ~/.xsession-errors file shows permission denied
errors on ~/.updatetool. Noticed that I did a pfexec ./latest-unix.sh
to install it as root.

5/ What is worse is that now my pkg OpenSolaris command is gone...No
more there in /usr/bin
Either it is not related to V3 installation or it is, I don't know, but
I can remember an action I did that would delete this /usr/bin/pkg
command....

I am stuck.

Ludo