quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem installing the Java EE SDK Bundle

From: Chris Lamb <Chris.Lamb_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:32:12 -0700

Here is some more information regarding the errors we've been seeing:

bash-3.00# uname -a
SunOS host03 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc

bash-3.00# java -version
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

bash-3.00# ./java_app_platform_sdk-5_05-solaris-i586.bin -console
Checking available disk space...
Checking Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment...
Extracting Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment files...
Deleting temporary files...
Abort (core dumped)

On a system installed with Generic Solaris 10, the installation works
successfully:

bash-3.00# uname -a
SunOS host10 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc

bash-3.00# java -version
java version "1.5.0_12"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_12-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_12-b04, mixed mode)

bash-3.00# ./java_app_platform_sdk-5_05-solaris-i586.bin -console
Checking available disk space...
Checking Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment...
Extracting Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment files...
Extracting installation files...
Launching Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment...
Java Accessibility Bridge for GNOME loaded.

You are running the installation program for Java Application Platform SDK.
This program asks you to supply configuration preference settings that
it uses
to install the server.
< snip >

I have the core file available and can send it upon request.

On another note, the sparc version of the executable had no issues
installing, even with the newer version of java.

Chris