quality@glassfish.java.net

Problem installing the Java EE SDK Bundle

From: Paromita Dutta <Paromita.Dutta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:15:53 +0530

Hi,
I have got the mail alias from Dasari Kumar and will need help.

We are facing some issues while installing Java EE bundle in a x86
Solaris system. Here are the details

1> I downloaded the Java EE bundle from
http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/index.jsp. The option which we
selected was GlassFish/App Platform+JDK
2> There are no issues when I run the installer in a generic Solaris 10
installed system.

However in a scenario where
3> The Java EE5 bundle is added to a x86 Solaris Jump pack bundle and
then a machine is jump started using this bundle.
4>In this newly jump started machine, on running the installer, with a
-console option, a Segmentation Fault (core dump) message comes and the
installer hangs.

Could you please look into this issue and provide any leads to solve
this issue. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

--
Thanks & Regards
Paromita Dutta