quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Update server down?

From: Nolan Luu <Nolan.Luu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:40:45 -0700

Hi Wouter,

Here are the steps for the work around:

Edit the file cfg_cache. It is under the hidden directory:
<install-dir>/.org.opensolaris,pkg/cfg_cache
Remove (about 13 lines) the section: [authority_release.glassfish.org]
Replace "mercurial1.foundry" with "pkg" of the section:
[authority_contrib.glassfish.sun.com]
Remove (about 13 lines) the section: [authority_dev.glassfish.sun.com]
Save the file

Please see the attachment for my cfg_cache sample file.
It works for me.

Thanks,

-Nolan

Judy Tang wrote:
> Hi Wouter,
>
> I followed up this issue with developer and got the following info.
> Thanks for testing and let us know this issue.
>
> -----
>
> This is happening because we killed two repositories -
> pkg.sun.com/../dev & pkg.glassfish.org/.../release. The cfg_cache file
> has been updated
> with the correct urls. Once we promote the new build, this issue
> should go away.
>
> As a work around, please remove these two urls from cfg_cache file...
>
> mercurial1.foundry.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/dev/<os>/
> pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/release/<os>/
>
> Thanks,
> Judy
> Wouter van Reeven wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Using the build 28 updatetool I get this error when I click on the
>> Available
>> Updates node:
>>
>> Components list could not be refreshed successfully due to a network
>> issue.
>>
>> http://mercurial1.foundry.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/dev/linux/catalog/0:
>> 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable
>> http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/release/linux/catalog/0: 503 -
>> Service Temporarily Unavailable
>>
>> The available components list may not be accurate or complete.
>>

>> Any ideas why? When the error happens I have to kill updatetool.
>>

>> Thanks, Wouter

[authority_contrib.glassfish.sun.com]
origin = http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/contrib/windows/
ssl_key = None
ssl_cert = None
uuid = e7bbd32f-10ff-4912-9378-1951d0b4e98c
mirrors = []
prefix = contrib.glassfish.sun.com
origin-for-windows-i386 = http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/contrib/windows/
origin-for-sunos-i386 = http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/contrib/solaris-x86/
origin-for-sunos-sparc = http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/contrib/solaris-sparc/
origin-for-linux-i386 = http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/contrib/linux/
origin-for-darwin-universal = http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3prelude/contrib/mac/

[authority_contrib.glassfish.org]
origin = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/contrib/windows/
ssl_key = None
ssl_cert = None
uuid = 3d342311-7750-46ba-8ed9-657968150ab4
mirrors = []
prefix = contrib.glassfish.org
origin-for-windows-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/contrib/windows/
origin-for-sunos-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/contrib/solaris-x86/
origin-for-sunos-sparc = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/contrib/solaris-sparc/
origin-for-linux-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/contrib/linux/
origin-for-darwin-universal = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/contrib/mac/

[filter]

[authority_dev.glassfish.org]
origin = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/dev/windows/
ssl_key = None
ssl_cert = None
uuid = e8422d33-6799-403a-9c9e-3f2ea94d8872
mirrors = []
prefix = dev.glassfish.org
origin-for-windows-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/dev/windows/
origin-for-sunos-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/dev/solaris-x86/
origin-for-sunos-sparc = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/dev/solaris-sparc/
origin-for-linux-i386 = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/dev/linux/
origin-for-darwin-universal = http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3prelude/dev/mac/

[policy]
pursue-latest = True
require-optional = False
display-copyrights = True
preferred-authority = dev.glassfish.org
flush-content-cache-on-success = False

[property]
description = GlassFish v3 Prelude is the first production-ready release of the GlassFish v3 Application Server. This includes Java EE 5 based web tier, scripting support, OSGi support, JDBC and persistence API on top of the new modular kernel of GlassFish. In addition, through update center the users will be obtain new Java EE 6 APIs and containers (for example, EJB 3.1 and JAX-RS 1.0).
title = GlassFish v3 Prelude