quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to start the default domain on ubuntu 8.04

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:02:32 +0200

Nouar;

Nouar Garcia-Mardambek schrieb:
[...]
> gfv3-prelude b26 unix installer, installation made with sudo su - (root
> user) under /usr/local/opt/appsrv-2.
> jdk 1.6.0_10 installed under /usr/jdk/
[...]
> in my env:
> PATH=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10:$PATH
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10

Outrageously stupid question: Did you ensure these settings are valid
globally, or might they be limited to your everyday user account, like this:

kr_at_n428:~$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/opt/java
kr_at_n428:~$ sudo su -
[sudo] password for kr:
root_at_n428:~# echo $JAVA_HOME

root_at_n428:~#

Pardon me if this is all too simple, but that's something I experience
Ubuntu/Java users to stumble across once in a while... :)

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink