quality@glassfish.java.net

GFv3 and Oracle

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:51:31 +0200

Hi,

On build 20 I am trying to setup a JDBC Connection Pool to an Oracle database. I
downloaded the ojdbc6.jar from Oracle's website and copied it into <gf
install>/glassfish/lib and restarted GlassFish. Next, I setup a connection pool
with the command

./bin/asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --restype javax.sql.DataSource --property
"user=astro:password=astro:url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe" astro

After this, the command

./bin/asadmin list-jdbc-connection-pools

lists my connection pool. Next, I try to ping it with

./bin/asadmin ping-connection-pool astro

This gives the error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

The same error occurs when placing the driver jar in <gf
install>/glassfish/domains/domain1/lib. And the same error occurs when I use the
older ojdbc14.jar which works perfectly ok in GFv2. What am I doing wrong?

TIA, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"